Here are the recipes to match my previous post about traditional baking.
Mint Brownies (Cheater version)
One package Brownie mix
12 small peppermint patties
Directions: Prepare brownie mix according to directions. Pour 2/3 of the batter into the bottom of baking dish. Unwrap peppermint patties and place in batter. Press into batter slightly, pour remaining batter on top and smooth. This is a fast recipe for those last-minute baking needs.
Bake according to package instructions. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Peanut Butter Balls
1 cup Crunchy Creamy Peanut Butter
1 stick butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cups powdered sugar (more if mixture is too soft)
½ cup crushed Life Cereal (Maple Flavored)
½ cup crush graham crackers
1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon Crisco
- Combine peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on LOW until blended. Add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended add crushed cereal or graham crackers. Mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening double boiler. This is best done by draping a glass measuring cup over a saucepan that has about 2 inches of water in it. The chips will melt equally and will not burn. Stir in Crisco. The Crisco is added to thin the chocolate.
- Insert toothpick in peanut butter ball. Remove excess chocolate. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes. Refrigerate until firm.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup real butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz) Nestle Toll House Choc Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts
1. PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
2. COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. For gooey cookies bake for 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.